Friday 12 February 2016

Nach Deutschland!


14:15, 37000ft above Germany

It's approximately 35 minutes until we land in Berlin - the flight feels like it's gone really quickly (even if it took forever to get off the runway). Airport was a smooth ride, a lot of waiting but I'd rather arrive early.


Quite pleased with myself because I ate a ridiculously complicated wrap that the flight attendants offered. It had Harissa chicken, a yoghurt and mint dressing, yellow pepper, spinach and pomegranate kernels. I struggled a bit with the texture but it tasted so brilliant that I managed to power through.

We're currently flying over Hannover (now I've got that stupid Ruthless Rulers song from Horrible Histories in my head), and I'm so ridiculously excited. I love flying, I'm finally going to Berlin and things have gone really well so far! Little bit nervous about navigating my way to the hostel but I have it all written down and it seems pretty simple.

Also before we took off, someone was coughing (really violent/phlegmy coughs, totally gross) and this hilarious guy across the aisle was like, "An' I thought my runny nose was bad. Fackin' 'ell!"


18:09, The Circus Hostel

Of course I got off the bus too early and had to re-route. Quite proud that I managed to get here in one piece.


The receptionist at the hostel was super nice (and super cute) and I was welcomed and put at ease straight away. My room is beautiful and my bed is a French daybed. I nearly exploded because those beds are my favourite ever.


I'm trying to pluck up to the courage to go out to Lebensstern this evening. It's the bar where Tarantino filmed one of my favourite movie scenes of all time (the tavern scene in Inglourious Basterds). Going out in the evening in an unfamiliar city is always nerve-wracking but I figure if I can do NYC, I can do Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥